Meet Pastor John and Leonie Shipman
Pastor, Teacher, and Spiritual Leader
Pastor John and Leonie are dedicated servants of the Lord, loving family, and inspirational leaders deeply committed to spreading the message of faith and love. Both were born in South Africa and embarked on a remarkable journey of faith and ministry that has touched countless lives across three continents.
Early Life and Education:
Pastor John Shipman's spiritual journey began in his homeland, South Africa, where he felt a divine calling to dedicate his life to God's service. He pursued his theological education with unwavering determination. He completed Bible School in South Africa, equipping himself with the knowledge and wisdom necessary to serve as a faithful shepherd of God's flock.
Ministry in New Zealand:
1997, Pastor John Leonie answered the call to minister in New Zealand. Over 15 years, they established themselves as pillars of spirituality in the local community, founding two thriving churches. Their tireless dedication to teaching the Word of God and fostering a loving, supportive church family has left an indelible mark on the hearts of those they have served.
Relocation to Australia:
In 2011, Pastor John and Leonie embarked on a new chapter in their ministry journey by relocating to Australia. Here, they have continued to share their unwavering faith and commitment to the Lord, touching the lives of many and contributing to the growth of the church community in Australia.
Love for the Lord and the Word:
Pastor John's ministry is deeply rooted in his profound love for the Lord and unwavering commitment to the Scriptures. His teachings are known for their depth, clarity, and relevance, inspiring congregants to deepen their relationship with God and apply His teachings to their daily lives. He seeks to lead others on a transformative faith journey through his sermons and leadership.
Leonie's Love for the People:
Leonie Shipman is an integral part of this dynamic ministry duo. Her love for people is evident in her warm and compassionate demeanour. Whether through her caring outreach to members of the congregation or her involvement in community service projects, Leonie's heart for people shines brightly, creating an environment of love, acceptance, and belonging.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
WE BELIEVE IN
(1) The divine inspiration, inerrancy and authority of the Scriptures, also known as the Holy Bible as being the only rule for faith and conduct - Sola Scriptura - (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21; 1 Peter 1:24-25).
(2) The one and only true and living God, eternally existent in three persons, in unity, equality and distinction - Father, Son/Word and Holy Spirit - (John 14:16).
(3) The inherent corruptness of mankind through the fall necessitating personal and individual repentance from sin and faith towards God leading to regeneration by grace through faith alone in the atoning Blood of Christ. We believe in the eternal separation from God and conscious punishment of the finally impenitent - (Romans 3:10-11 & 23; 6:23; Revelation 20:15 & 10).
(4) The virgin birth, sinless life, atoning death, triumphant resurrection, ascension and abiding intercession of our Lord Jesus Christ - (Is 7:14 & Matt 1:23; John 8:46 & 2 Cor 5:21; 1 Cor 15: 1-4; Matt 28:6; Acts 1:7-11; Heb 4:15 & 7:25).
(5) The regenerated state and progressive purifying of the believer by partaking in the finished work of Christ - (Rom 5:1; Heb 10:10 & 14; Hebrews 2:11).
(6) The Ordinances of Believer's Baptism by total immersion and the Lord's supper, also known as the Lord's Table and Holy Communion and in the institution of the Church, the body of Christ, whose sole foundation and possessor is its builder - the Lord Jesus Christ - (Matt 28:19; Mark 16:16; 1 Cor 11:23-26; Matt 16:18, Romans 6:1-5 ).
(7) The shedding forth of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost resulting in the Baptism into the Holy Spirit (empowerment with the Holy Spirit) referred to by John the Baptist in Matthew 3:11 c/f Acts 1: 4-5, and in the perpetuation of the ministry gifts of Christ and of the ministry and gifts of the Holy Spirit throughout the Church Age - (Acts 2: 1-4, 33, 38, 39 and 16-18; Ephesians 4:11, 12; 1 Corinthians chapters 12 & 14).
(8) The literal gathering of the saints to be with the Lord. His pre-millennial return in like manner as was His ascension and the period of the millennium, which is yet to come - (1 Thess 4:16-17; Acts 1:11; Revelation 20: 1-7).
(9) The voluntary giving of offerings by God's people for the alleviation of the poor and needy within the church community and the support of the ministry towards the extension of the Kingdom of God, - (1 Cor 16: 1-2; 2 Cor 9:7& 9).